Any takers?

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:38 pm

Thanks John!

Looks like you had nice weather :D Apparently the EAA are doing an article on the CX4 and Dave Thatcher, so it looks like the type is gaining popularity.

Ivan
________
mflb
Last edited by ivanmanley on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Fri May 09, 2008 3:28 pm

Have you started yet Ivan?

How about a build thread? :D

It's a beautiful little aeroplane, and definately one I'd consider building if I tackle another after the KR2 :D

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Fri May 09, 2008 4:17 pm

I think all of us who've expressed an interest, were sent a pre-registration pack yesterday. My registration cheque will be posted tomorrow and so it will soon be an "official" project. Francis's letter spelled out the fact that the design is not officially approved yet, but made it quite clear that he and the rest of LAA engineering are keen for the CX4 projects to go ahead. It's down to the first (or first few) builders to submit the required mods, but they don't look too hard to work out; so I'm confident the Thatcher will sooner or later take to the UK skies.

I haven't really started yet as I have a few other projects that will take until the end of thesummer to finish. I also have a K8 glider that needs covering before I can sell it on. I'm in two minds to see how much I might get for it as it is That way I could start the Thatcher sooner.

There are reported to be SIX now flying in the USA as all the first projects over there are coming out of their builders workshops!

Impressive results performance-wise so far as well. All bar one which is propped wrong have attained or exceeded the originals cruise speed of 125 mph on an VW1834. :D

Ivan
________
Chevrolet Cobalt SS specifications
Last edited by ivanmanley on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gerry Holland

Another CX4 Builder

Post by Gerry Holland » Fri May 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Hello to all in UK.
Decision made. I have the plans on there way as Builder No: 233
I'm based just SW of Bath. Heard from Francis last week regarding the CX4.
Quote: I shall be issuing the project numbers for the CX4s next week. We have been doing some work on the strength of the fuselage over the last few
weeks which will be completed next Tuesday (6th May), all being well.
Regards
Gerry

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Fri May 16, 2008 11:23 am

FYI Peter Beck has now set-up a PayPal account for the ordering of his Thatcher parts.

Matt Dovey

Post by Matt Dovey » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:45 pm

Any body thinking of using the prefabricated parts. Also has any body seen the quality of these parts at all.I like the look of this aircraft so am thinking of ordering some plans in the next few weeks.So am intrested to hear others views.

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:45 pm

Matt,
spotthehall has had a delivery of parts from Peter. I let him comment on the quality.

Ian Melville
CX4 Serial no224

David Hall

Post by David Hall » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:18 pm

matt wrote:Any body thinking of using the prefabricated parts. Also has any body seen the quality of these parts at all.
Hi Matt, have a look some photos here.

I am more than happy with the parts Peter Beck [email protected] has provided and would certain buy more from him. He's very good to deal with, delivery was very quick and he now has set-up a PayPal account, which I find very convenient.