Construction skills courses

For full information concerning the Coaching scheme please see the LAA web site.
Chairman of Pilot Coaching Scheme : David Cockburn
National Coach : Chris Thompson

Moderators: PennySharpe, John Dean

Ian Melville

Construction skills courses

Post by Ian Melville » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:00 pm

Having done the sheet metal course last year, I though I would see what was available this winter. Cannot find anything in the Training, Education or Engineering sections of the website.
I know they have been mentioned in the magazines, but I want up-to-date info. The latest magazine states that there will me a comprehensive program anounced at Sywell. I didn't get my mag until after Sywell so was unaware of this. I did visit the corner where Gary Smith was strutting his stuff, but it didn't look like much was happening. The only courses on offer seemed to be wood or metalwork.

What happened to the electrical courses?

Ian

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:58 pm

Hi Ian, the electrical and avionics courses are on again this year. Full details will appear in the next magazine but if you want to book for the first electrical one it is on October 3rd. Give the office a ring.

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:06 pm

Thanks Brian
Unfortunatly I am already committed that day and cannot back out. Are there any others?

Could you have a word in the appropriate ears for a web page for these courses?

Cheers
Ian

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:03 pm

Yes Mike, two more electrical courses are planned for 5th November and 20th February. We are planning to get all the information up on the website asap.
Rgds, Brian

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Mike, Who's he? :wink:

5th Nov is a Thursday? Just right for electrical fireworks when I short out something :D

Have emailed Penny

Ian

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:15 am

Sorry Ian, brain fade. 'll need to check that date, it should be a Saturday, probably should be 7th.