EASA FAQs

For full information concerning the Coaching scheme please see the LAA web site.
Chairman of Pilot Coaching Scheme : David Cockburn
National Coach : Chris Thompson

Moderators: PennySharpe, John Dean

Cookie

EASA FAQs

Post by Cookie » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:02 pm

I'm going to post a few of the questions I receive to assist other LAA members who may have a similar enquiry.

Can a LAA coach complete refresher training required for a LAPL?

The recency requirements for the LAPL are on a rolling Revalidation basis. See CAP 804 Section 4 Part B Subpart 1:
FCL.140.A LAPL(A) — Recency requirements

(a) Holders of an LAPL (A) shall only exercise the privileges of their licence when they have completed, in the last 24 months, as pilots of aeroplanes or TMG:

(1) at least 12 hours of flight time as PIC, including 12 take-offs and landings; and

(2) refresher training of at least 1 hour of total flight time with an instructor.

(b) Holders of an LAPL(A) who do not comply with the requirements in (a) shall:

(1) undertake a proficiency check with an examiner before they resume the exercise of the privileges of their licence; or

(2) perform the additional flight time or take-offs and landings, flying dual or solo under the supervision of an instructor, in order to fulfil the requirements in (a).
Therefore, there is no class rating expiry as such: providing you fulfil the criteria on the day you intend to fly then you may act as Pilot in Command. If you fly with a coach over 24 months since your last flight test or flight with an instructor, you will have completed the one hour as required in (a)(2) and providing you have completed 12 hours PIC in the last 24 months on the day you intend to fly then you're good to go :-)

Any LAA coach may complete the refresher training listed in FCL.140A (a)(2) if you have the required experience, and dual training/supervision as required under FCL.140A (b)(2) if you do not comply.

Cookie
Jon Cooke
Pilot Coaching Scheme Chairman

Cookie

Re: EASA FAQs

Post by Cookie » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:05 am

Can I use a LAPL medical with a UK PPL?

No, a LAPL medical may not be used to support a UK PPL. There is no exemption which allows you to use this combination of licence/medical.

However, a LAPL medical may be used with a LAPL licence and NPPL licence.

Cookie
Jon Cooke

G.Dawes

Post by G.Dawes » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:01 am

After losing my class one medical and professional licence (CAA) I want to carry on flying in my annex 2 plane
I hold a UK lifetime PPL from a long time ago .
I have been advised I need to do the complete NPPL course from scratch if my currency is out over ten years to revalidate my PPL. OR can I do a flight test with an examiner?
Can I use a class two NPPL medical declaration to use with that licence with a SSEA rating to start again?
I am not prepared to go through the medical hoops of very expensive tests to get another EASA or unrestricted LAPL medical only to have it change and lose it all again. I am still fit but historical records are what they use.
What are the options please.
Graham Dawes

Cookie

Post by Cookie » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:04 pm

Hi Graham,

Your question has been answered here:

http://services.lightaircraftassociatio ... f=5&t=3993

All the best,

Cookie
Jon Cooke