East Midlands LAA Strut Aug 2022 Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

East Midlands LAA Strut Aug 2022 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:07 pm

My apologies for not being able to run last month's East Midlands LAA Strut meeting but unfortunately, I caught COVID and was not in a fit state. A particular apology to Dave Wallington who I believe turned up at The Plough.

Our next meeting will be on Monday 8th August, 7:30pm for 8:00pm at The Plough, Main St, Normanton on Soar, Loughborough LE12 5HB. I'll run a Zoom session as well but as the COVID thing is becoming something we are learning to live with, it would be great to see you in person. The Zoom login details are as follows:

Topic: East Midlands LAA Strut Zoom link
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89351024107?p ... s4eDhZdz09

Meeting ID: 893 5102 4107
Passcode: 251605

No speaker this month but a chance to catch up with Strut members and talk about aeroplanes. I'll bring along a laptop and screen so if you have any photos, presentations etc. you'd like to share please bring them along on a memory stick or contact me beforehand and arrange to transfer them. It would be great to give us an update if you are building or restoring an aeroplane, I can talk about the latest work on the Menestrel project as a fill in if you like. I'd like to make a list of all the projects that people are involved with as it would be interesting for other members. In addition to my Menestrel, as far I am aware we have a new design single seater with a Briggs & Stratton 32HP engine, a Lark restoration(?), a Gardan Minicab restoration, a Gyrocoptor (Benson?), a Jodel rebuild, and another Menestrel started. This is in addition to several people operating homebuilts including a Jodel and a Skyranger and others operating factory built permit or C of A aircraft. Perhaps we could spend some time creating a list at the next 2 or 3 meetings?

As previously mentioned, I'd like to have our postponed AGM for the meeting on Monday 12th Sept and will circulate notes from last year beforehand. If you are interested in standing for any of the current committee posts of Chair, Coordinator or Treasurer, or have ideas for how to run the Strut going forward, please let me know!

I hope to see you on the 8th August but if not, on the 12th Sept.

Best regards

Tony Razzell

East Midlands LAA Strut Coordinator
Tony Razzell