East Midlands LAA Strut Jun 2023 Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

East Midlands LAA Strut Jun 2023 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Tue May 21, 2024 8:12 pm

Hi everyone,

Firstly, I hope you've been able to take advantage of the recent more settled weather to "commit aviation"; thankfully the ground is drying out so we can use grass airfields and strips again.

A heads up for the June meeting of the East Midlands LAA Strut a little earlier than normal as I'm about to head off to Brittany for a short holiday with limited internet access.

The next East Midlands LAA Strut meeting is on the 4th June at 7:30pm for 8:00pm in The Plough, Main Street, Normanton on Soar, LE12 5HB. If anyone wants to arrive slightly earlier and have a meal, I'll aim to be there around 7:00pm. As previously advertised, it will be our Annual General Meeting when we can look back over the past year, elect officers of the Strut and discuss what we want to do going forward. If anyone is interested in standing for the three Committee posts that we currently have (Chair, Coordinator, Treasurer), or would like to propose someone, please let me know. I've attached the agenda plus my notes from the 2023 AGM to this email.

Looking forward, I've got a talk lined up from Peter Johnston from the Rolls-Royce Heritage Trust for our meeting on the 2nd July, and Tim Bridge from NUNCATS will be talking to us on the 6th August about the flight testing of the Electric Sky Jeep. I'll circulate a bit more about both talks nearer the time.

Later on in August, the LAA Rally will be held at Leicester Airfield on the 30th August -1st Sept which as great news as the full Rally has been missed for the last couple of years. If anyone is interested in helping with the Rally, please contact me. I understand that there will be a home builders tent and it is likely that I'll trailer the Menestrel down again.

As usual, we will run the AGM as a hybrid meeting with Zoom:

Topic: East Midlands LAA Strut Zoom link
Time: This is a recurring meeting Meet anytime

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89351024107?p ... s4eDhZdz09

Meeting ID: 893 5102 4107
Passcode: 251605

I hope to see you on the 4th June.

Best regards

Tony Razzell

East Midlands LAA Strut Coordinator
Tony Razzell