Herts/NW London Strut March meet, discuss and plan SUMMER.

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Kelvin Denize

Herts/NW London Strut March meet, discuss and plan SUMMER.

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:07 pm

Hi All,

The next Herts/NW london strut meeting is the next meeting* will be *13th March* (to avoid Easter) 7.30pm Elstree Aero Club again everybody is welcome, members, non members and other strut people.

I am not having a speaker this time just a informal meeting where we need to get together to discuss the two local flyinns (Panshanger and North Weald) as well as discussing how our own ELSTREE flyin is going. (at the moment planned for SUNDAY 25 MAY 2008)

This will be the best meeting the get to know you all, grab a beer, pie and chips up at the Elstree bar and just come in sit down and join in the discussion. This meeting is your best opportunity to get to know your fellow flyers and to get your voice heard about how you want the strut to take direction.

We are building up a budget and so want to hear from you how best to spend it, given the choice I will tip the strut towards flyins, BBQ's, camping and drinking but I already know that some of you have some other ideas as well as speakers that you want tho hear so grab that beer and come and talk.

All of you that have attended the last few meeting know my telephone and email if you want to put something on the agenda or if you want to get up and say something, show something or do something.

Look forward to seeing you all at the meeting, grab me a pint while you are up at the bar willya!

Cheers,

Kelvin
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

Kelvin Denize

Reminder for the next meeing 13 March at 19.30

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:23 pm

Just a little reminder that the meeting is still going ahead on the 13 March and we will only have two little presentations for you to sit through.

The Panshanger young aviatiors day will be introduced to everybody by Colin. That day is planned for the 11 May and Colin wants to discuss what it is and how we can participate.

Phil Kemp will be introducing the Air Britian Flyin which is on my birthday the 21 June, also the longest day of the year for this hemisphere. If you are not planning to go to stone henge this would be a good alternate destination.

I also want to discuss the direction and scope of the strut and our own flyin. As already pointed out this will be informal and will go as long into the night as we feel like. You can get drinks and food up at the bar if you wish so come along and be in the company of aviators.

Robert wants to hear from anybody building as he is a keen builder himself, he is going to have a quick talk about his J400 and we hope that some of you might wish to do the same.

I am still putting out my call for an airfield reps so we can arrange flyins and bbqs ourselves. If your local airfield can handle a flyin with our strut this summer please get back to me.

ALL WELCOME, other struts, elstree aeroclub members, plane spotters.....anybody who likes aircraft.
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.