Gloster Strut LAA urgent

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Rod1

Gloster Strut LAA urgent

Post by Rod1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 am

I have been asked to post the following;

Gloster Strut LAA

Just a quick note for anyone associated with the Gloster Strut LAA.

For a couple of years, the Strut has been meeting at The Flying Shack at Gloucestershire Airport on a monthly basis.

You may know (although as far as I am aware, the membership has never been informed by its Chairman) that this meant you were social members of the Club, and were thus entitled to various privileges, not the least the ability to purchase alcohol at the bar :-)

However, we have just discovered that The Gloster Strut is now moving its meetings to a non-airfield club in Cheltenham. We weren't officially told by the Strut Chairman or anyone else - we just found out via their monthly missive.

Whilst some may feel that this is a rather rude way to treat us, giving us no notice of intentions to move, my position is that The Shack is above hurling insults at The Strut management. However, I must let Strut members know that because of this move, they are no longer social members of The Flying Shack, and that if they wish to maintain privileges, they will have to join us as individual social members.

I'm sorry to have to use the Forum to inform the Strut members of this, but because Strut members were never informed via their own organ of the situation, at least this may get communicated to the members.

I would stress that The Flying Shack has NOT evicted the Strut from its regular monthly meetings and we have not changed any financial terms pertaining to Strut use in the last 6 months. We encourage all aviation-related groups to use the club as a social and recreational facility, provided that a sensible and reasonable cost is agreed for use and associate membership. Indeed, we consider ourselves as good friends with many of the individual Strut members.

Mods, I don't want this to develop into a slanging match - the prime purpose is simply to inform Strut members of the changed situation re: their associate membership.

Thank you
Mike

Harry Hopkins

Re: Gloster Strut LAA urgent

Post by Harry Hopkins » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 pm

As the Chairman of The Gloster Strut I take responsibility for the failure to give The Shack timely warning of our intention to change our meeting venue: it was simply a case of a `dropped ball' and I have written to The Shack team to offer my apologies. We remain grateful to them for allowing us the use of their facilities but their meeting room just proved to be too small for the number attending our meetings.

Harry Hopkins
Chairman
The Gloster Strut

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Thanks Harry, I have copied to the original thread on Flyer.

patthody

Post by patthody » Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:59 pm

Where is the next meeting? I was proposing to go along and join but I can't find details on the website.

Pat
Pat Thody

Harry Hopkins

Post by Harry Hopkins » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:24 pm

Our next meeting is on Tuesday 8th at The Victory Club, Lypiatt Road, Cheltenham, GL50 2SY.

It's our AGM, quiz night and aero jumble. Not too sure about the latter as we haven't had one before.

You'd be most welcome.

Harry