Web Strut

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Would you like there to be a Virtual Strut?

Poll ended at Thu Feb 07, 2008 5:46 pm

Yes
78%
No
9%
Not Bothered
13%

Total votes: 32

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 pm

Sorry Mike - you seemed to be getting bothered that I hadn't responded. Should I have answered differently?

I see Steve quite often - no doubt we'll have a chat about it over a beer or non-alcoholic sometime.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:27 pm

Dave, Thanks,

But I'd already marked you down already as having responded.
At tonight's count there have been 12 responses thus:
5 folk [inc. you] who probably won't wish to join a web strut as they've already got one to go to.
7 who would join [inc. me & Steve].

There are a lot who must have seen the thread & voted which encouraged Steve to do the groundwork. I really only got involved as a supporter of the idea & to let him see he wasn't a lone soldier.

Well 7 ain't bad, but maybe a bit thin still ?

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Fri May 02, 2008 12:59 pm

Based on 25 'yes' votes Steve kindly prepared the ground for acceptance by the EC of a Web based Strut.

I am really concerned that of LAA 8,000 members so far only 6 have actually said they'd join a Web Strut.

With the massive change envisaged of a forthcoming BMAA/LAA vote at an EGM 'by a show of hands by a simple majority' and with the quorum being at the Chairman's say so, a Web Strut is one good way to discuss matters and instruct the Committee via our representative.

A normal Strut needs 10 members.

Rule 13c. PFA Struts
Struts are semi-autonomous organisations which are affiliated to the Association for the purpose of supporting and furthering the objectives of the Association, advising the committee through the council, and providing a focus socially and for mutual support and exchange of information for members in a specific local area. They are to conduct themselves in accordance with strut regulations issued by the committee.
A strut shall consist of not less than ten members. Full strut members shall be members of the Association and shall elect one member to be the strut co-ordinator who will be responsible for all correspondence with the Association and for general enquiries, and one member, who may also be the strut co-ordinator to be the strut representative on the council. A Strut may admit its own associate members who are not members of the Association. QED.

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Mon May 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Just checking this 'thread' but looks as if it's still too feeble a response. I did send a PM to Steve, last week. It was he who after all was the one Member who got off his ar*se.

Either my note got lost in the ether or he is so fed up that he hasn't the heart to say say or do any more

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Tue May 27, 2008 11:39 pm

Mike, my last PM from you is dated 22nd April. I contacted Penny last week and withdrew the web strut application from the June EC meeting because no coordinator could be found. I'm afraid no coordinator = no strut.

Disappointed for our remote members yes, down hearted no as I think Peter our new CEO has some good ideas brewing for better utilisation of web resources.

Steve

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm

Steve,

I concur with your action.

Should the ones who genuinely wish for a web strut be, in due course, supplemented by additional "would be-er's" I am willing to offer to co-ordinate.

BTW I just searched through my LAA provided web messages files But no trace. I shouldn't have been too clever and won't risk it again for PM's to you especially. :lol: