October East Midlands LAA Strut Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

October East Midlands LAA Strut Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:21 pm

We have a really interesting talk about the Royal Aeronautical Society "Schools Build a Plane Challenge" by Graham Wiley for our October meeting. This will be a great opportunity to hear about how young people are being enthused to get involved in aerospace with hands on practical experience. Such projects are a vital contribution to continuing both the Aerospace industry and our hobby in this country.

Graham has held a life long passion for aviation, building and flying model aeroplanes as a youngster. Now retired, he worked as an engineer in the electronics industry and then moved into IT consultancy and project management in the 1980s. Graham started flying at Halfpenny Green in 1977 age 19 and has been flying microlights for 20 years. An LAA member since 2005 he bought a second hand Foxbat in 2005 then built a new one in 2007 and been flying it ever since. Graham has been a member of the Royal Aeronautical Society for 35 years and regularly attends meetings of the Birmingham, Wolverhampton and Cosford Branch. He got involved in the RAeS Schools Build a Plane Challenge 5 years ago.

The meeting will be held on the Monday the 9th October, 7:30 for 8:00pm at The Plough, Main St, Normanton on Soar, Loughborough LE12 5HB.

For our meeting on the 13th November, we have James Woolford doing a talk on Flying Abroad, more details nearer the time.

I have enquired about having a Christmas buffet for the final meeting on 2017 on Dec 11th. The Plough are willing to lay something on if we can get at least 15 people along, the price being a very reasonable £6.95 a head. Can I have an indication of interest at the meeting on the 9th please (you can send me an email if you can't make it), I can then let The Plough know what we are doing.

I hope to see you on the 9th October!

Best regards

Tony Razzell

East Midlands LAA Strut Coordinator
Tony Razzell