East Midlands LAA Strut - Sept 2019 Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

East Midlands LAA Strut - Sept 2019 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:20 pm

The next meeting of the East Midlands LAA Strut is on the 9th September, 7:30 for 8:00pm at The Plough, Main St, Normanton on Soar, Loughborough LE12 5HB.

Our speaker will be Steve Slater, LAA CEO, talking about 'Airymouse', a Currie Wot or "a small biplane of insignificant horsepower" that was once owned by test pilot and aviation author, Harald Penrose. One of the earliest UK homebuilt designs (it actually originates from before WW2), the Currie Wot is a single seat biplane which has been adapted for various film roles to stand in for WW1 aircraft and was the basis for the Isaacs Fury. Steve has restored the aircraft to it's former glory so it should make for a fascinating evening.

I hope that those of your who went to the LAA Rally at Sywell had a fantastic time, I know I did! I suggest we bring our photos, videos and memories along for the Christmas buffet on the 9th Dec.

Looking ahead for October, we have Ron Scarfe talking about jet engine development at De Havilland in the 1950's and 60's.

I look forward to seeing you on Monday.

Best regards

Tony Razzell
Tony Razzell