West of Scotland

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

JohnC

West of Scotland

Post by JohnC » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:16 pm

Hi, I am a new member and would like to contact my local strut. The next meeting on the site was last year!

I look forward to meeting local members.

John

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Sun Oct 05, 2008 12:03 am

You've probably tried to phone the contact number on their website? If so try the LAA office as they may have up to date info on contacts. I hope they are still in existence as I gave their info to someone involved with Glasgow scouts recently.

n4322b

still looking ?

Post by n4322b » Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:45 pm

Hi John

Are you still looking for WofScotland ? I am as well and had no joy by phone (obtained from LAA) or email withthe contact person.

I am N of Glasgow and about to start an RV7 build. Would you be interested in getting together ?
Ian

douglaslindsay

Post by douglaslindsay » Tue Sep 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Hi John / Dave / Ian / etc,

I've just joined recently, West of Scotland is still in existence but seems to be split between Cumbernauld and Prestwick. Anyone know anybody in the Prestwick arm? Would like to make contact, since I'm South of Glasgow and currently a member with Prestwick Flight Centre.

Douglas

barryhunter

Post by barryhunter » Wed May 09, 2012 8:17 pm

The West of Scotland used to be very active until the previous coordinator left for France. The Cumbernauld folk meet unofficially at their hangar on Thursdays and Sundays. If you want to make contact with them then that is your best bet. To gain access to airside at Cumbernauld you should have hiviz and report to the control tower in the main building. Hope this helps, they are a friendly bunch.

Andy Kennedy

Re:

Post by Andy Kennedy » Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:02 pm

douglaslindsay wrote:Hi John / Dave / Ian / etc,

I've just joined recently, West of Scotland is still in existence but seems to be split between Cumbernauld and Prestwick. Anyone know anybody in the Prestwick arm? Would like to make contact, since I'm South of Glasgow and currently a member with Prestwick Flight Centre.

Douglas
I'd also be interested in attending a meeting of the Prestwick arm of the Strut.

I fly out of Strathaven, but I'm a member of the LAA and would like to meet up with other LAA'ers if only to meet other pilots and find out about activities in the area.

I'm looking for a share at the moment, or maybe putting together a syndicate somewhere.

Cheers

Andy