East Midlands LAA Strut - Aug 2021 Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

East Midlands LAA Strut - Aug 2021 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:07 pm

The next meeting of the East Midlands LAA Strut will be on Monday 9th August, 7:30pm for an 8:00pm start. With The lifting of COVID restrictions, at long last we will be able to meet face to face so I hope to see you in person. For those unable to travel or who might be reluctant to meet up yet, I will be running the meeting on Zoom as well. 

Our speaker this month is Andy Best who is building Blue Two, a 2 seater carbon aircraft of his own design which you may have seen reports about in Light Aviation. Andy will give us a talk on the design and construction of the aircraft which is nearing completion and will hopefully be flying soon. As he is based up in Yorkshire, he will be joining us via Zoom so we're hoping the IT works smoothly!
Here are the Zoom details:
Topic: East Midlands LAA Strut August 2021 meeting
Time: Aug 9, 2021 07:45 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87275840179?p ... NKVkRuQT09

Meeting ID: 872 7584 0179
Passcode: 339312

As you will be aware, the LAA Rally and 75th Anniversary is coming up so I hope that you have the 3rd-5th Sept blocked out in your calendars. I will be in the Homebuilders tent with the Menestrel so do drop by to say hello if you are at the Rally. See the LAA Rally pages for further details:

http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... index.html
The meeting on the 13th September will be Roger Alton who has given us talks before. This time, he will be talking about the history of gliding, from George Cayley to the Perlan project using mountain waves to get into the stratosphere, further details nearer the time.

I hope to see you on the 9th in person or via the magic of Zoom!

Best regards

Tony Razzell

East Midlands LAA Strut Coordinator
Tony Razzell

TRAZZELL

Re: East Midlands LAA Strut - Aug 2021 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Sun Aug 01, 2021 9:17 pm

In my haste I forgot to mention the venue in the invite for the 9th August!!

We will be back at:

The Plough,
Main Street
Normanton on Soar
Nr Loughborough
LE12 5HB

The talk should start at 8:00pm, I'll open the Zoom around 7:45pm.

Apologies for the confusion!

Tony Razzell
Tony Razzell