East Midlands LAA Strut Sept 2021 Meeting

This forum is for the use of Strut members, but also for those interested in the activities of the struts. Find out what Strut events are going on near you

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TRAZZELL

East Midlands LAA Strut Sept 2021 Meeting

Post by TRAZZELL » Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:28 pm

I hope everyone who attended the LAA 75th Anniversary Rally at Sywell enjoyed it as much as we did. The East Midlands LAA Strut was well represented in the Homebuilders Tent with Ron and Mary Webster showing Ron's 5 cylinder radial engine, and me and my wife Cathy showing the Menestrel project.

The next meeting of the Strut will be next Monday (13th Sept), 7:30 for an 8:00pm start. This month, we have Roger Allton who will be telling us all about the history of gliding - from George Cayley in the 19th century to the Perlan glider for mountain-wave soaring into the stratosphere.

We will be meeting face to face at The Plough, Main Street, Normanton on Soar, Loughborough LE12 5HB. For those not in a position to join us physically, I will set up a Zoom session to live stream the event (hoping the IT works!), joining details as follows:

Topic: East Midlands LAA Strut September Meeting
Time: Sep 13, 2021 07:45 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87453885299?p ... duTVhxQT09

Meeting ID: 874 5388 5299
Passcode: 169469

I don't have a speaker for the October meeting but suggest we bring along our pictures/videos/reminiscences from the Rally.

I look forward to seeing you next Monday.

Best regards

Tony Razzell

East Midlands LAA Strut Coordinator
Tony Razzell