Aventura Seaplane SSDR

For discussion on all aspects of the Single Seat De-Regulated, sub 115kg microlight aircraft category.

Moderator: John Dean

MarkAv8r

Aventura Seaplane SSDR

Post by MarkAv8r » Wed May 22, 2019 12:06 pm

I've just imported three second hand Aventura single seater amphibious flying boats. Over the next month or so the first one should be assembled and flying again. Two of the 3 are for sale and I can also provide new kits from the Aero Adventure factory. Ideally I need to import four or more kits at a time to moderate transport costs. New kits prices are on the Aero Adventure website.
Mark Holmes
Mark Holmes

Brian.Mellor

Re: Aventura Seaplane SSDR

Post by Brian.Mellor » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:31 pm

Hi Mark,
I've only just noticed your post - and here we are in 2020!
I am interested in seaplanes, I have an EASA seaplane rating, I'm also an FAA instructor for seaplanes (singles and multis). For what it's worth, I can teach people for their FAA seaplane rating - if they are on the N-reg. Any use to you?
Brian

MarkAv8r

Post by MarkAv8r » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:42 pm

Hi Brian, The single seater Aventura cannot stay on the US register as there is no airworthiness route. However, it can be registered in the UK as an SSDR. I have already one on the UK register, I've two others here for sale. The 2 seater hasn't yet got an agreed airworthiness route, it will be UK or Irish registered for UK use. We are based in Northern Ireland. I've also a Lake amphibian here, so give me a call and we can discuss some flying! Regards,Mark
Mark Holmes

Brian.Mellor

Post by Brian.Mellor » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:56 pm

Hi Mark,
I'm always interested in seaplanes, I'm planning to revalidate my SEPS in Como in June, if not earlier. Where do you do your renewals - in NI? I know I could do it in Scotland, also Biscarrosse in France, and near Trier in Germany - but I just love Como!
How much seaplane flying do you do in your Lake? I have a Fuji, based in Sherburn in Elmet. I could be tempted to come over to NI if there was an opportunity to keep my SEPS rating current!