Choucas anyone ?

Discussion of aircraft design, new designs and designing your own

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

johnat3000ft

Choucas anyone ?

Post by johnat3000ft » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Is there anyone out there interested in the Choucas. (Jackdaw)
http://www.alpaero.com/
This is a minimal kit, mainly plans built, wooden, side by side two seat motor gliding Microlight, which is something we don’t have approved within the LAA at the moment. In fact it’s several things we don’t have approved by the LAA at the moment! The Web site is in French but I and my computer have translated most of it and we will send a copy in MS Word to anyone interested. Oh, did I mention it’s a Fauvel inspired flying wing?
John Webb

Skysoarer

Re: Choucas anyone ?

Post by Skysoarer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:17 am

Hi John,
Have looked at the Choucas
Very interested in flying wings. Have Hugh Lorrimers Sgian Dubh flying wing which I have been working on for the last year. Have installed a rotax 462 as it had no engine. Also having to do some glasswork on the flying surfaces and other areas. Replaced all the hinges as well. Another two months should see it just about ready. It seems to fit all the recommendation in the book ' the theory and practice of tailless aircraft' by Wolfhardt and Nickel
I bought the plans for the Pelican by J.C Debreyer, and a Frenchman kindly translated them so if this is of use to you or others let me know. Would appreciate seeing the plans for the Choucas.
Bruce Keeping

Skysoarer

Re: Choucas anyone ?

Post by Skysoarer » Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:23 am

By the way, I think Mike Whittaker is on the point or has tested his flying wing !
Bruce Keeping