Sackville Farm Sunday 19th

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Captain Pulsar

Sackville Farm Sunday 19th

Post by Captain Pulsar » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:01 am

I'm up for it, weather permitting! :)

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:12 am

Can you PLEASE let me know if you want a barbie..I have to give estimates of numbers (£10/head) by next weekend.
Thanks, John.
John Cook

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Wed Apr 08, 2009 9:48 am

I'd like a sausage or something if possible, but would be happy with a cup of tea. Its the flying I'm interested in.
Some really warm dry sunny weather! Now if you can fix that JC!!! :lol:

I'm confidant at least two others will be attending from my base.

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:39 am

I will be going, weather permitting, but happy with a cup of tea thanks.

Rod1

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:52 pm

If you only have a cup of tea, you will be missing out. The Sackville BBQ is excellent, well if the VAC fly-in there last autumn is anything to go by.
I'd like to go, but will be at Sun+Fun this time

paulgandy

Sackville Farm

Post by paulgandy » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 am

I'll be coming in from Deanland, weather permitting. probably two others at least as well.

couldn't find any contact numbers for this event though apart form the normal Sackville Farm ones

Paul

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:51 am

Contact nos. and pilots details on www.sackvilleflyingclub.co.uk
My details are as on the original BB fly out post which has sunk into oblivion at the bottom of the list.
John Cook

Chris B
Site Admin

Post by Chris B » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:50 pm

I will be flying in from Fairoaks if the weather's flyable. In which case, that will be 2 for the BBQ, if available. What time is it from/to?

Hopefully meet some of you this time!

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 pm

Weather permitting (and assuming ignition problems sorted out), I shall drop in with my Veep.

Alternatively, my mates CTSW if the gremlins are still in command of MT! :evil:

Be good to meet up with a few of the forumites who are to me, faceless names!
Roger Callow

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:29 am

Got my £10 ready. Think I'll go for a cheeseburger with onions please. :lol:

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:44 am

UPDATE. Due to the scant no of replies ref. BBQ, I could not give any indication to Tim at Sackville as requested for catering.

The situation is that I told him that I could not give him an estimate for numbers so I have left it to his discretion as to keeping an eye on the weather and make a call as to whether or not he feels he should take the risk of doing a bbq.

I am only the middle man in trying to organise these fly ins. To date the lack of response from members has been very dissapointing from my point of view.

I have advertised the fly in on PPrune and Flyer in order to bolster the numbers and make it worthwhile, but whilst ALL are welcome, that rather defeats the object of calling it a LAA BB flyin.

It is not even listed in the list of events on this forum!(despite being arranged last year!).

I have tried to turn it into a recruitment campaign for the LAA by shouting the benefits of being a member on the other websites. I know to date 3 or 4 people have joined as a result of the fly in at Tibenham and one of the posts on another website. I have no interest in claiming any rewards for this other than knowing that both the new member and the LAA (and by default ALL uk pilots) will gain .

I tried to get some membership forms sent out to me in time for Sunday as the weather looks good and we could get some interested parties from the other forums. However there was no one available in the office due to illness to send them and a call to engineering elicited the reply to the effect that it wasn't their problem.

There is no event planned for next month as I will be at my son's wedding. The following month is the Project Propellor event,which is probably one of the most poignant event that you could take part in.I still have only one person registered any interest. The logistics are a nightmere and cannot be sorted at the drop of a hat.

To quote MLK...I have a dream...

Trouble is thats all it is.

I will not be arranging any more fly-ins as the members have voted with their silence.
John Cook

Mike Mold

Post by Mike Mold » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:36 am

JC, you're encountering that old foible - human nature. Don't be disheartened, you're doing a fine job but expecting commitments from people (us) is one of life's challenges.

For what it's worth, because we lost so many local fly-ins in Devon last year, our Strut has operated a system of last minute impromptu scrambles over the last 6 months. Having checked with the airfield operator first, we send out a global email saying we're going to x . If there's no cafe we suggest people bring their sarnies with them. We've averaged between 20 and 30 a/c to events from Perranporth to Old Sarum this way since October. No commitments, just an optimistic expectation and it's worked, witness the turn out a Henstridge last Sunday.
Mike Mold
Jodel D112 G-BHNL
Watchford Farm, Devon
www.devonstrut.co.uk

Joe Iszard

Post by Joe Iszard » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:48 am

JC,

Understand your frustration, we intend to go to Sackville but I am loathed to commit because of our weather on the east coast - Fenland LAA fly-in, fogged in, Duxford last weekend, 700 ft cloud base/rain.

We would rather turn up and enjoy a cup of tea rather than request a BBQ then not be able to get there.

Joe
Joe Iszard

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Fri Apr 17, 2009 10:03 am

Mike I think thats a much better idea.
John Cook

Captain Pulsar

Post by Captain Pulsar » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Thanks for all your efforts JC. I'm sure not all the seeds will fall upon stony ground.
With the vagaries of UK weather its always a lottery. But I do like Mike's idea of the impromptu fly in/out. I hope to arrange my own do down south in the future and will post a general invite on here.

Anyway, we are overdue for a cracking summer, arn't we? 8)