NW London Elstree Flyinn.

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Kelvin Denize

NW London Elstree Flyinn.

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 pm

Still in discussion but our NW London and Herts strut is planning a BBQ at Elstree on the 5 July 2009 and we want to invite you all to it.

Like last year we will have a reduced landing fee ( TBA but maybe £5) and will be running a BBQ.

I will post more here as I get it but we hope to have a few interesting events running at the airfield that day but if nothing else how about popping in for a hamburger and a coke and a chat with other aviation bods.

MICROLIGHTS will be welcome again as last year, so this is an opportunity to get into a airfield that you would not normally be able to get into.

(no flex wing sorry)

As last year,,PPR will be required along with aircraft type.

More information as it comes to hand along with the landing fee confirmation and any other goodies I manage to put together and a email address to PPR to.

Cheers,

Kelvin Denize
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

Kelvin Denize

Its on, welcome to Elstree.

Post by Kelvin Denize » Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:56 am

Elstree Fly-in.

Elstree Aeroclub and Hertfordshire LAA strut!!

Sunday 5th July 2009. 10am Onwards!!!

All aircraft and visitors welcome to join us for a BBQ.
Come by road or come by air!

Pooley's shop will be open for the day.

Look at Godfrey & Jane Mellins spanking new Sportcruiser in its last stages of construction in the hangar.

Special landing fee for the day of ONLY £5- This is your opportunity to add Elstree to you log book and demonstrate your flying skill to your friends.

Drop in, grab a burger and meet up with all your other friends that are sure to come!.

3-axis Microlights will be accepted on the day subject to special (but not difficult) conditions. PPR is an absolute!!

PPR in advance to Kelvin with type and callsign by email please [email protected]

Look forward to seeing you at Elstree.
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Tue Jun 23, 2009 7:49 am

" All aircraft welcome"

No flexwings

When did flexwings stop being aircraft?
John Cook

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:40 pm

Its not my decision. Maybe they will be allowed in the future but at the moment, sorry but thats the rules.

We are trying to mix all different types of aircraft, mainly class A into a airfield with NO circuit. All approach is on a four mile final and going around means a fifteen minute circuit out to the M25 and back. The mix of speeds is very high and we have to add helicopters into the mix.

Elstree circuit is busy, very busy and they have no experiance of microlights. They have no representation and nobody from the microlight community seems to want to get involved to change this at all.

If you think you can offer a solution then please come to the next flyinn set up meeting and help me to demonstrate how they could be mixed safely. The last time I tried to set this up NOBODY from the microlighting community came to help press their case so it was in total left to me with telephone assistance from a microlighting school director who was as helpful as she could be.

I am very happy to invite microlights in and I welcome them but if you want to widen the flyinn a bit and want to get flexwings in then come along and be counted at the next meeting.

I don't fly a microlight, I can never fly a microlight as I am too big but I am doing what I can for your community so do your bit, come to the flyinn introduce yourself to me, leave your contact details and next year join in to the meetings that set this up and become the microlight representative at a table where none are present.

Regards,

Kelvin Denize

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:32 pm

Elstree aerodrome is still having its Flyinn. The aeroclub will be running a BBQ on the day as well as offering refreshments.

The landing fee will be five pounds, this is a very good deal for the local London area GA airports.

The day will be an informal one, to meet friends and to catch up with other LAA members and talk about aircraft. Quite a few of the NW London and Herts strut will be attending and we hope to see other members from the various struts attending.

Turn up, grab a burger and find somebody to chat with. We hope the event will build bridges between different types of aviation and lead to better understanding across our hobby.

PPR is required, please email me on [email protected] with your aircraft type and we look forward to seeing you at Elstree.

London is a very busy aviation enviroment, Please keep a good look out and note that London Colney is also hosting an event on that day.

Kind Regards,

Kelvin Denize

Kelvin Denize

FLEXWINGS WELCOME

Post by Kelvin Denize » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:39 pm

Following discussions between Elstree and Flexwing repersentatives we can allow flexwings into the flyin this Sunday 5th July.

The following is the agreement, please use this opportunity we have all been to hell and back for this so if I see less than 100 flex wings attend and eat all my burgers I will have further words.

Picture a plague of locusts and I will be happy.

Here are the rules,

all aircraft are to have two way radio contact with elstree, no radio no come.

All aircraft are to have ppr through me at [email protected] giving aircraft registration and type.

aircraft are to arrive in blocks the same as last year.

1000-1030

1130-1200

1245-1315

aircraft are not to arrive at any other times.

landing fees will be £5.00

Look carefully at Pooleys and make sure you understand the approch. Its a long four mile run any you will need to mix with ALL other types of aircraft and be considerate towards their speeds too.

We have all done our absolute best to ALL aviation, please do show you care by attending!!!

I wait to greet you all on the day.

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:43 pm

Ok lets get this back to the top again.

You MUST HAVE PPR before comming to the flyinn. This is EVERYBODY.

For those of you that already have PPR this is the eamil you should have received. If you don't have PPR or don't have this email please tell me [email protected]

Choose a time slot, on the day. Please do NOT arrive at any other time as we have agreed that the flying schools get free access to the aerodrome at these times. You will most likely be charged full landing fee if you try outside of these times.

1000-1030

1130-1200

1245-1315

Landing fee is £5.00

Look carefully at Pooleys and make sure you understand the approch. Its a long four mile run and you will need to mix with ALL other types of aircraft and be considerate towards their speeds too.

Please remember a go around means a trip out to the M25 following the noise abatement and rejoining back at the 4 miles. It takes about 15 minutes. NO CIRCUITS PERMITTED.

If you do not have a Pooleys you can find a write up on the AIS web site here.
http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/curre ... GTR_en.pdf

Elstree telephone number is 0208 8953 7480, fuel is avaliable 100LL and Jet A1 only.

All aircraft are to have two way radio contact with elstree call before the 4 mile. Most base aircraft use Lee valley lakes or BNN the FISO will provide you with details of traffic and joining instructions.

The rest of the day is informal, Elstree Aeroclub will put on a BBQ, they have a bar and you are welcome to pop in. There is a restaurent and the Pooleys shop if you need anything more and there should be lots of other aviators from all walks doing the same as you. Various strut members will be there as will members of the LAA.

Any questions please email me and see you on the day,

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:50 pm

Thanks everybody for attending today, we had almost 40 different types of aircraft turn up and I think all that came had a good time.

We have shown that mixing flex/microlight and Spam Cans does work with a bit of forward planning and thoguht. Its not a easy four mile into Elstree and some of the landings were interesitng but we all had a fantastic fun.

I think I have easily demonstrated that good food, aircraft and lots of folk with lots to talk about is a winning combination. I believe I got around and talked to all of you that made the effort to come, sorry if I missed anybody.

I have made quite few friends on the day, I might not meet them on their microlight fields but I am certain we will meet up at other places where all three types of aviation can mix.

To any airfield that thinks you can't mix all three give me a call, Elstree is about the toughest enviroment possible with the most difficult final to mix these machines on and we managed it.

To all those that came, the airfield is a better place for your attendnace, I look forward to comming to a few BBQ's in other places this summer and meeting you all again there.

Cheers,

Kelvin Denize

Chris B
Site Admin

Post by Chris B » Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:02 am

Hi Kelvin,

Many thanks for organising an enjoyable fly in and BBQ.

Chris.