TANNKOSH

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

J.C.

TANNKOSH

Post by J.C. » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:32 am

Starting to put some flesh on the bones for this one. Any one intersted ?
John Cook

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:35 am

Ok does anyone read this site anymore.?Any one want to go if I pay AND provide the dancing girls?
John Cook

davemgill

Post by davemgill » Thu Jun 18, 2009 11:19 am

Me, Me :D

I'll be there Friday to Sunday.

David - RV9 G-RVDG

Dave Stephens

Post by Dave Stephens » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:12 pm

when is it?

Dave

davemgill

Post by davemgill » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:50 pm

17th - 19th July

http://www.tannkosh.de/157.0.html for more information

steveneale

Post by steveneale » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:39 am

Recently got SIA's 1 mil "Documents VFR" for exactly that purpose. Fancied taking a pop at the French airways system but none seem to offer a sensible transit. Anyone have recommendations on routing and a good place to stop for lunch?

Also a rather "basic" question. What are the ablutions and other facilities like at Tannkosh?

Steve

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Jun 29, 2009 6:06 am

Hi Steve, sanitary arrangements are adequate, thunder boxe s and a communal type shower block.
Routing across northern France to Haganau, and crossing the border north of Strasbourg is a straightforward route. You could also do Troyes for lunch and then down the Rhone valley to Montbelliard and go in just south of Basle.

J.C.

Post by J.C. » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:34 am

We're taking a slow ride, weds to weds. Stopping at ( probably ) Kieheuval (Belgium) 1st night and who knows where Thursday, Tannkosh FRi -Sun and then a slow trip back.
Any one is welcome to join us, ideas for stop offs welcome. No fixed itinery as yet.
John Cook

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:54 pm

Steve,

Ive been the way Brian suggests via Hagnau a few times. Easy routing via close to Cambrai, Reims, Verdun, the old RSA site at Chambley, Nancy, Hagnau and then over the hills to the east of Strassbourg (my experience this is the most likely place for weather problems- thunderstorm buildups, then down the other side to Tankosh.
Nancy is a good place to stop for fuel and facilities/met info, but havent been there for lunch, there is a restaurant on the field. Hagnau friendly too, cant remember if there is food there.

Lots of French mil areas, but Ive never had a problem going through, ATC are always helpful. But study the french guides first to make sure you have the right frequencies. Think the jeppesen maps didnt have them all and even some missing on the excellent French IGN maps.

Plenty of food drink available on the field at Tankosh, but Id avoid parking in the area on the flightline as it gets very crowded, unless you get there early and park on the far side, better to get down the eastern end where it seems more organised and less public wandering around with their pushchairs and smoking! (actually its not too bad!)
I guess camping can be noisy! We stay in a local B+B, but they are probably all full now.
Think Im going by airliner this year, not enough time for flying there.