Help 4 Heroes Wings 'n' Wheels Day 16th August 2009

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Mark Turner

Post by Mark Turner » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:25 pm

Sunday the 16th August 2009 sees the inaugural Wings 'n' Wheels Family Fun Day at Popham Airfield in Hampshire.
The event is being organised to raise money for the Help For Heroes charity and as well as , hopefully, numerous visiting aircraft there will be numerous other activites/attractions for all visitors either by aircraft or car.

The Solent Eagles motorcycle display team will be performing twice during the day and ,as well as numerous classic cars and historic military vehicles for the adults to look at, there will be a bouncy castle and a giant inflatable activity centre to keep the kids happy!

Refreshments will be available all day from either the Popham clubhouse or the regular burger van and anyone wishing to make a weekend of it are welcome to camp overnight with their aircraft.

Popham airfield have kindly agreed to waive the landing fee on the day but pilots wishing to fly in are asked to make a donation either when they arrive or via the website below. if using the website please include the aircrafts registration in the comments section as it will make our lives much easier on the day.

www.justgiving.com/pophamflyin/

Those of you who are willing to offer air experience flights to the general public please make it known upon arrival and hopefully parking next to the clubhouse can be organised.

If you have any questions about this event please send them to [email protected] and I will do my best to answer them.

Hope to see lots of you there

on behalf of Chris Parsons.

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:22 am

I'll be there, hope the weather is going to be good! Ive heard there might be a couple of interesting surprises arriving here, hope to see lots of LAA aircraft there, after all a good charity to support and Popham is always an excellent place to fly into and meet up.
see you there!

ChampChump

Post by ChampChump » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:16 pm

A jolly fine day it was too. Harrison was a tad miffed not to see any of his cousins or things to buy to match his shirt, but maybe if it becomes a regular event there'll be a slightly more obvious HfH presence.

I'm sure it's not quite as simple as I think, but it is a good chance to sell a lot of goodies to many people, including those small ones who have vast pester power....

:)
Nic Orchard