Suffolk Coastal Strut - Boxted Flyin 16th July - POSTPONED

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

msteggalls

Suffolk Coastal Strut - Boxted Flyin 16th July - POSTPONED

Post by msteggalls » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Suffolk Coastal Strut will be holding their annual Fly-in & BBQ at Boxted (essex) on 16th July 2011 - 10am to 5pm

All Fixed Wing Aircraft welcome - but Strictly PPR due to space limitation.

Suggested Donation of £5 per person which includes landing fee, BBQ and tea/coffee.

The new Airfield Museum will be open (£2 entry) on the day 10am to 4pm and a free mini-bus shuttle service will operate for any one wishing to visit.

Details of the museum and flying in, along with an on-line PPR form can be found on our website www.boxted2011.co.uk

Martyn
Last edited by msteggalls on Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

msteggalls

Post by msteggalls » Sun Jul 10, 2011 4:33 pm

Due to limatation of space number we have restricted the number of visiting aircraft to approx 60, and with 65 now having booked PPR, I am afraid to say we are not taking any more PPR requests.

Although if may be worth phoning on the day in case there has been any cancellations due weather etc

Martyn

msteggalls

Post by msteggalls » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:00 pm

It is we great disappointment the strut flyin committee has reluctantly taken the decision to cancel the Boxted Flyin this Saturday due to the awful weather forecast for this weekend.

The met Office are giving a cold front over East Anglia with heavy rain/showers and although the wind for once should be more or less directly down the runway it's currently forecast to be 22 gusting 37.

Such a shame a Friday looks like an ideal day - ridge of high pressure, warm sunny intervals, with 10mph wind down the runway - Oh Well, that's the British weather for you!

We do plan though to reschedule the flyin and museum open day for sometime in August or September. I will post again once we have sorted out the logistics and set a date

Martyn

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:01 pm

Martyn, will a new PPR list be opened for the rescheduled fly-in?

I only ask as I missed the boat so to speak with the PPR list for tomorrow's cancelled event and suspect that there may be many on that list who will not be able to make the new date.

Thanks
Roger Callow