5th JULY ELSTREE FLYINN

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Kelvin Denize

5th JULY ELSTREE FLYINN

Post by Kelvin Denize » Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:11 pm

SATURDAY 5 JULY don't you want to drop into Elstree?

MICROLIGHTS INCLUDED!!!

For the first time in many years ELSTREE is having a flyinn, Yes you did hear right ELSTREE will be welcomming you all for a BBQ and flyinn.

The date is above and the landing fee for the day is £5, you will not get a better bargain than this anywhere in the South East!!

Come in and grab a banger or a burger, put Elstree in your log book and say you have flown in to one of the more challanging airfields around. Be sure to read up on the approach and if you are a microlight be sure to talk to us soon so we can make sure you are accomodated.

PPR is required on the day really easy on 8953 74 80

Keep an eye here for further information!!!

Cheers,

Kelvin Denize
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

Tony Harrison-Smith

Post by Tony Harrison-Smith » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Unfortunately, I am in the final stages of putting my Rans together, so I will not be able to fly in this year. Good luck and many thanks for taking the trouble to give microlight pilots a chance to prove that they can be as good a pilot as anyone else. Hopefully this will be an annual event for us, or maybe one day microlights will be allowed in all year. as the saying says... softly, softly.

Tony

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:51 pm

My strut has many microlight pilots so I thought it only fair to ensure they can come too. After all it is a LAA strut flyinn and I am sure other struts have microlights too.

Some of you might realise I started trying to do this many months ago, I really do look forward to seeing as many of you as we can fit on the airfield and to demonstrating that you enjoy the $100 burger as much as the rest of us.

Oneday I will find one I can fit into! I offer a prize of 6 stella to the first microlight pilot that can arrive in a machine I can fit into, that my wife can fit into and that she feels comfortable in. The we can chuck our camping gear into, fill with fuel and tour in without totally wrecking our finiances.
Chair of the NW London and Herts strut with a orange PA28. Based at Elstree and loving it.

Kelvin Denize

AIRCRAFT DETAILS PLEASE

Post by Kelvin Denize » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:26 pm

Hi all of you that have replied.

I have amailed everybody I need details please of type and registration of all arriving aircraft.

Elstree needs to know before you arrive so I am making a list.

Emailing me the list does not exempt you from PPR on the day.

Look forward to meeting you all,

Thanks for the positive reply!!

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:36 pm

The flyinn is still on, we have slots between 1000-1030, 1100 to 1130 and 1200 to 1230 that I want to fill with hungry arrivals.

Microlighters, this is your opportunity to come in to a field that has normally been off limits. Those of you with LAA permit aircraft help me make this flyinn a sucess and lets make a few more. Can you have too many flyinns across the country.

Email me [email protected] give me your registration number, then PPR on the day.

Look forward to seeing you and your machines,

Cheers,

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:08 am

Oneday I will find one I can fit into! I offer a prize of 6 stella to the first microlight pilot that can arrive in a machine I can fit into, that my wife can fit into and that she feels comfortable in. The we can chuck our camping gear into, fill with fuel and tour in without totally wrecking our finiances.
have you considered a Zenair 701? It will do all you ask, but is a little slow (80mph cruise). However, it WILL lift two large adults and baggage + fuel. I know of one that will soon be advertised. It's a Group A one that has had all the mods done to become a microlite if that is what you need (just a paperwork excercise required). PM me if you want to know more.

Ivan
________
marijuana strains
Last edited by ivanmanley on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:03 pm

Hi Ivan,

I tried a zenair 501? or was it a 601 and I could not fit in it at all. The guy did want to sell it and was offering a very good rate but I just could not fit in it.

It had a high wing and a little prop at the front and was really a nice little aircraft.

As for the speed, I am not concerned about the speed I just like pottering around up there and having fun. THe PA28 is great and I can always use it if I want to go somewhere fast but I want to go camping with a aircraft I can afford.

Cheers,

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:27 am

How big are you :shock: ??

This particular 701 was plans built and taylored to fit the owner. He's about 6'2 or so and heavy framed.

Ivan (5'5" so quite the opposite)
________
(automobile)
Last edited by ivanmanley on Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:07 am

I am 2 meters tall (6'6") and weigh in at about 120 kilo (264lb)

I always seem to have the problem that I either can't get in (or out of once in) the aircraft or I wreck its weight and balence when I add my small wife (130lb), fuel and camping gear.

I AM NOT A MONSTER>>>>>I AM A HUMAN BEING!!

Kelvin Denize

Post by Kelvin Denize » Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 pm

The weather is looking much better in the South East, so come on come all to the Elstree flyinn tomorrow.

I have sent through my list to the ATC as specified in the special ops but asking nicely on the day never hurts.

See you all tomorrow,

Kelvin

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:25 am

Its raining very very hard in Derbyshire right now!!!

Rod1
:( :( :( :(

Kelvin Denize

POST FLYINN REPORT

Post by Kelvin Denize » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:30 pm

First Up, thanks for all you you that either tried to come or those that did make it. It is all of us that make the event a sucess and we had some great company, aircraft and food on the day.

Really sorry those of you that wanted to come but could not, I was woken this morning with a phone call telling me how grim things were out west and another telling me the same up north so I was very pessimistic how many would attend.

I arrived at the airfield at 09.00 and stood under the wind sock to shelter from the rain. I must have looked a picture of misery as I was invited inside to a warm cappachino by my friend in the strut Robert.

In the end I can't ask for more. We had a wide range of aircraft attend and some great charactors who just added to the event. My best moment was the FISO opening the window and holding up fingers demonstrating how many arrivals he had booked for the second slot, especially since the first had passed with nothing!!!

The landing conditions were tricky and we watched all the skillfull arrivals and departures as they came in to the flyinn. I believe everybody was very impressed with the standard of airmanship shown and a quick chat with the FISO backed up that claim so give yourselves a A++.

I have been asked by the aeroclub president to run another as he was well impressed and was out and about enjoying himself on the day. Give me a little time for a rest and it will be back on the wheel again.

Keep an eye in the LAA mag as I will send through a writeup and a few piccys of the event.

Eternal CAVOK,

Kelvin Denize.