SPAMFIELD - THE (BMAA) WIGHT PARTY.

Flying somewhere? Want to meet up? Let us know!

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

BJ

SPAMFIELD - THE (BMAA) WIGHT PARTY.

Post by BJ » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:29 am

SPAMFIELD The BMAA Fly In of the Year.

12 - 14 June 2009

For probably the last time at SANDOWN airport on the Isle of Wight.. literally hundreds of aircraft and thousands of landings.. big marquee, food, beer, music, best aircraft competions, limited trade stands available FREE OF CHARGE to Microlight related traders and £100 each to none Microlight related.

Friday and Saturday are the main days - particularly Saturday afternoon and evening.

Although this is for Microlight (and Rotorcraft) aircraft the event is not limited to BMAA members, never has been, all and welcome.

The one off fee which covers all landings for the weekend and camping (does not matter if you have one landing or ten; stay for 15 minutes or 3 days) is £20 which is discounted to £15 for those who pay in advance via the BMAA online shop. Name and aircraft registration will do (none refundable of course).

Biggest Microlight rally in the UK with everything from Light Aircraft to Rotorcraft to Microlights to foot launched.

Come and camp by your aircraft and have a beer with friends.

SANDOWN AIRPORT - ISLE OF WIGHT.

You can register on the BMAA web site of your intention to attend and, in a day or so, you will be able to PREPAY for a 25% discount on the landing fee.
John Moore
BMAA Council Member
Coyote912 - but thinks Flexwings are the best.
My posts must not be taken as being representative of the opinion of the BMAA Council.

Post by Guest » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:07 pm

john

for the last few years the Notam issued states it,s for Microlight aircarft only.

This has put a few pilot friends off from flying over and then getting turned away by ATC...

trevor

guessed

Post by guessed » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:30 pm

"...for the last few years the Notam issued states it,s for Microlight aircarft only.

This has put a few pilot friends off from flying over and then getting turned away by ATC... "

The same question for microlight aircraft as well as aircarft
I think the friendly BMAA should tell us now !!

Nigel Hitchman

Post by Nigel Hitchman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:28 pm

IVE been asked to post this, second hand.

As above, Spamfield this weekend, the bigest and best microlight fly-in of the year,

All LAA members are welcome
But Remember the RAT on Saturday 17:55 to 18:35 local Red Arrows displaying at the IOW Festival at Newport. Sandown is in the RAT and will be closed from 1730 to 1900 local

for more info see http://www.wightparty.org/

Weather permitting I'll be there in my RV6 Saturday afternoon (following a visit to Booker for Aero expo)

hope to see lots of you there