Escapade Undercarriage for Group A

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

RichardMaxted

Escapade Undercarriage for Group A

Post by RichardMaxted » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:56 pm

My first post as returning LAA member.

Thinking about a new aeroplane in the Group A Permit category and I think I fancy the Escapade. However, looking at the TADS 345 it says that a group A can only be tail dragger with Balloon Type tyres (MOD/345/003) and strengthened undercarriage legs, vee, and bolts (MOD/345/004)

I think I have found a source for the tyres but I have searched all over the internet for a mention of the undercarriage strengthening and found not a whisper. Can anybody help point me at a source for these parts, or a description of what is needed so that I can get an idea of what additional costs I may need if I decide to buy an Escapade ?
Richard Maxted

Brian Hope

Re: Escapade Undercarriage for Group A

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:29 am

HI Richard, have you spoken to Paul Hendry-Smith at The Light Aircraft Company? Paul took the Escapade project on a couple of years ago and may be able to help.

RichardMaxted

Re: Escapade Undercarriage for Group A

Post by RichardMaxted » Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:01 pm

Thanks for that Brian, sorry for the delay in response - I will ring them.
Richard Maxted