Panel paint finish

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Simon Clifton

Panel paint finish

Post by Simon Clifton » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:03 pm

As my SportCruiser delivery approaches, I have decided to pre-build my panel.

I like the idea of a dark-grey suede effect, such as can be seen on the Europa panel exhibited by AFE:

http://www.afeonline.com/shop/product_t ... =800&h=320

Asking the nice man at AFE, he told me this is done in two-pack 'Nomex', but where do I get that from then?

Thanks

Simon C

Jonathan Wilkins

Post by Jonathan Wilkins » Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:22 pm

Go to www.hi-flight.co.uk, go to the cantact section and get in contact with Simon Marsh. He knows all about paint, he will probably help you.

Simon Clifton

Post by Simon Clifton » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:45 pm

Jonathan

Thanks, I spoke to Dave at Hi-Flight (Simon is on leave).

He knows exactly what I am talking about (the paint is actually called Nextal). Apprantly it is also used on stealth aircraft.

Even better, they have a SportCruiser in the shop right now, complete with filled rivets (7,000 of the little b'stds!)

Cheers

Simon C
~~~~~~~

Jonathan Wilkins

Post by Jonathan Wilkins » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:27 pm

Glad i could help Simon, yes the Sport Cruiser they have in looks very dappa, even in primer!
Looks a fun aircraft to fly and seems to have loads of legroom.

Good luck with the build......give Highflight a thought when you want it painted, they do a pretty good job!