Remunerated Training in Permit Aircraft

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Simon Clifton

Remunerated Training in Permit Aircraft

Post by Simon Clifton » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:11 pm

I need to do just a few hours training and exams in my permit aircraft to upgrade my NPPL(A) to JAR PPL. (So I can leave these sunny shores and visit the lands of the baguette, chips and mayonnaise, and fancy lager).

AIC W 071/2009 (13th August 09) clearly states how general exemptions to the ANO would allow this and under what conditions. These conditions are straightforward enough to understand and for me to comply with, and largely follow my understanding of sub 450Kg aircraft rules.

Here is the document if you are interested:

http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/aip/curre ... 071_en.pdf

But there is one condition I'd like to double check, which is section 6 Maintenance Requirements:

6.2 Whenever a flying training or flying test flight is carried out pursuant to the General Exemptions, the last scheduled maintenance
inspection prior to the flight must have been carried out by an appropriately licensed engineer or suitably approved organisation and a
Certificate of Release to Service issued. Furthermore, there must have been no pilot maintenance carried out since that inspection.

My question is this:

Is the 'Certificate of Release to Service' something I can do with my LAA inspector, I hope so!

Thanks!

Simon C
~~~~~~