Druine D.5 Turbi Plans

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TheBeeKeeper

Druine D.5 Turbi Plans

Post by TheBeeKeeper » Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:28 pm

Hi all (first post on the forums)

I currently fly an LAA permit aeroplane, and would love to build a wooden two seater.

Top of the list is the Turbi, altough open to other alternatives/suggestions.

My question - Is the www.falconaravia.com website an approved source of plans for the D.5 Turbi?

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Regards

AJD

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:27 pm

I'd guess it probably is as the Falconar F11 I used to share had a set of their plans with it. That doesn't automatically mean they have the rights over the Turbi, but I'd guess they probably do if nobody else does? I'm waffling :oops: Anyway, a quick call to engineering should put you straight :)
________
Toyota VD engine specifications
Last edited by ivanmanley on Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Derek

Post by Derek » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:17 pm

What about a Pietenpol? Plans readily available and lots of supports through various clubs and internet sites.

TheBeeKeeper

Post by TheBeeKeeper » Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:52 pm

Good idea, however, some may say I am in the enviable position of having a partner that also flies!

Having shown the website to the better half, she took a fancy to the idea of the Falconar F12A. Three Seater (with a baby due in days few, she is obviously a little more forward thinking than I am!)

So a change of mind again brings me to the F12A, of which G-INFO says that there at least 3 registered (flying or not!)

Suitable for 125-180hp engine range, may be a little thirtstier than I had planned!

Andy

ivanmanley

Post by ivanmanley » Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm not so sure the F12 is approved as a three seater over here.? Many three and four seaters of various types are about, but they tend to be restricted to two seats and a big baggage payload. You could check the approved list for four seaters maybe? However, as I said before, a call to engineering will set you straight.

Ivan
________
herbalaire vaporizer