Piper Cub auxiliary wing tank paperwork

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Ed Parkin

Piper Cub auxiliary wing tank paperwork

Post by Ed Parkin » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Hi everyone, I have an aux wing tank that I'd like to fit to my L4 cub as I've only got the original 45 lt fus tank (a bit lacking in range!!).

I've had a quick chat with the engineering section and they advise me that I need to firstly get the mod approved via sending in the form MOD2 and then when approved and work done finish off with the form MOD3 which is fair enough. Having read through the form it would appear that a few drawing etc are needed to support the mod. I am hoping that someone else has done this very popular mod recently and would be kind enough to let me have a copy of the drawing and paperwork to save a lot of repetitive work.

The tank has been fabricated in the past by a UK based welder and I acquired it several years ago and as such I have no drawings. I am aware that there are several FAA STC's available for ones bought in the states and would have the appropriate paperwork, likewise I do not have the benefit of such and was hopeful someone would be kind enough to help out. Many thanks in advance, Ed

C Rule

Post by C Rule » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:21 pm

Ed
We fitted a single wing tank to GBCPJ an L4. I have The paper work to hand If you would like a copy. If you care to send me your address to GBCPJ at btopenworld.com

Ed Parkin

Post by Ed Parkin » Mon Dec 20, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks for the very kind offer and address sent privately, another success for the forum :D