FK12 Comet

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

merlin

FK12 Comet

Post by merlin » Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:30 pm

Anyone know if anyone has ever tried to import one of these into the UK on the G register ?
Or whether it would be possible to fly one over here on the D or F register ?

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:52 pm

There is a notional limitation on how long you can keep a foriegn registered aircraft in the UK. I do not think the Comet has a full German C of A so it is even more difficult
Stuart Macconnacher

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Were the Comet on a German CofA you could keep it in the UK, but it is a kitbuilt so you will be unable to keep it here long term. The rules have changed a bit, but I think you now have to tell CAA when the aircraft will be in the UK, and you only have 28 days per year as a right. More than that and you have to have CAA permission, which you are unlikely to get unless you are a foreign national coming here for a visit.
I am not aware of any of the Funk designs being put before Engineering, but you could get some info from the company and present it to Engineering to see if they think it worth progressing for UK approval.