( Zlin ) Trener Baby Acro

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

David Kean

( Zlin ) Trener Baby Acro

Post by David Kean » Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi, Does anyone know any more about this?

http://www.podesva-air.com/PRODUCTS/PRE ... 20akro.htm

Seems there's a shortage of two seat acro types and this does look great.
Max TOW is 600kg for the acro version. Engine is a LOM 332
it's available as a kit or ready built.
David

Alan George

Post by Alan George » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:18 pm

Today's Pilot had a flight test on the original microlight version in September 2003. It looked beautiful then and again in your photos. Sorry I have no first hand information.

Alan.

David Kean

Post by David Kean » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:37 pm

Thanks Alan, was the flight test favourable ?

I have received an email from Francis, nobody has tried to get this kit approved. I'm waiting for a response from the factory.
David

Chris Jefferson

Post by Chris Jefferson » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:44 am

I am just in the process of writing a series of features for 'Light Aviation' about Thomas Podesva's series of aircraft including the Zlin. If you think the Zlin looks good wait until you see the Me109 and Bucker Jungmann!

There are four versions of the Zlin available, two with fixed undercarriage and two with retracts, three are powered with Walter Mikron and the latest aerobatic version with the LOM engine (Walter Minor).

If I remember correctly from the paperwork I have it can be built from plans or kit and possibly ready to fly.

Chris

Alan George

Post by Alan George » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:44 pm

David,

Yes it was a favourable article with phrases such as "excellent control harmony" and "really good fun". The only gripe was that as a microlight it was not stressed for aeros but that version was under development. Now it looks like it has arrived.
I have scanned the article to a tif file but it is 2.2 Mb, if you are interested send me your email address to alan<dot>george<at>trussler<dot>co<dot>uk and I will send it to you.

Chris,

I am now looking forward to seeing your articles. On the web site that Bf109 also looks good, Mr Podesva is a very talented designer. Amazing how many good aviation things are happening in the Czech Republic, makes us in the UK look like dullards.

Regards, Alan.