Shadow inspector?

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Lee Harper

Shadow inspector?

Post by Lee Harper » Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:16 pm

Hope this is an appropriate forum to ask as its directly related to maintenance..

I'm the new owner of a Streak Shadow based in South Somerset, and am hoping to get in touch with a local inspector who could guide me through maintenance jobs. I'm keen to do my own maintenance, with the appropriate supervision where required.

I have tried the postcode search on the website for inspectors, but wondered if there are any local inspectors out there who specifically are familiar with Shadows and might be interested in helping me out?

Many thanks,
Lee.

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:24 am

Hi Lee, it's probably worth contacting the Devon Strut, not Somerset I know but they have members all over the south west and generally know what's what in that area. They should be able to give you a good steer. You'll find there website at www.devonstrut.co.uk from where you could maybe contact Mike Mold. Alernatively he posts on here quite regularly so you could send him a PM.

Lee Harper

Post by Lee Harper » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 am

Thanks, will do.
Lee.

rogcal

Post by rogcal » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:41 am

Just another thought Lee, why not compile a list of Streak Shadow owners in your region from G-INFO, get in contact with them and find out who their inspectors are!

My apologies if you've already done so.
Roger Callow

Nigel Ramsay

Post by Nigel Ramsay » Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:49 am

http://www.shadowowners.flyer.co.uk/

If you haven't found them already, the Shadow Owners Club used to be a pretty buoyant outfit (I used to run the club up to around 1992). I took a look and the website hasn't been updated since 2010 however, but there are plenty of email addresses and phone numbers on there.

Good Luck!

Mike Mold

Post by Mike Mold » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:43 am

Lee, you have pm.
Mike Mold
Jodel D112 G-BHNL
Watchford Farm, Devon
www.devonstrut.co.uk