rotax oil temp senders

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

fuzzflyer

rotax oil temp senders

Post by fuzzflyer » Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:08 pm

Does anyone know of issues with these 912 senders? I've had to replace two in under 40 hours

Rod1

Post by Rod1 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 3:49 pm

There was a problem with the original sender when used with digital instruments, but mine has been fine for the last 6 years.

Rod1

Kevin Dilks

Post by Kevin Dilks » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:14 am

There have been problems with the oil PRESSURE senders both old and the new digital ones but not heard any with the temp sender.
You can check your gauge calibration by placing the oil temp sender ( same as the CHT sender ) in a cup of boiling water while wired up. Some time ago I found the cht temp gauge on a Technam was reading 85c when it was really boiling.

Cheers
Kevin

fuzzflyer

Post by fuzzflyer » Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:09 pm

Kevin Dilks wrote:There have been problems with the oil PRESSURE senders both old and the new digital ones but not heard any with the temp sender.
You can check your gauge calibration by placing the oil temp sender ( same as the CHT sender ) in a cup of boiling water while wired up. Some time ago I found the cht temp gauge on a Technam was reading 85c when it was really boiling.

Cheers
Kevin
Yes thanks Kevin I tried that and it works fine,, the problem starts when flying and not every flight. so I'm moving towards wireing. But I would love to get you to take a look. I'm moving in December and will try and arrange something with you.

Kevin Dilks

Post by Kevin Dilks » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:40 pm

PM sent