Emag P200

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

paul330

Emag P200

Post by paul330 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 am

Any of you RV-10 builders or other IO540 operators who are considering electronic ignition, some news.

Emag finally seem to be close to releasing the P200 6 cylinder version. I get the impression it will be rolled out at Oshkosh. I intend to order and put in a mod application with engineering for a dual installation. I am hopeful of approval due to the dual 4 cylinder version already in service and the good arguments that can be put regarding equivalent safety and improved reliability.

Brad at Emag is finalizing a list of those who have registered interest and will be offering a substantial discount on pre-release orders. The offer is $1450 per unit including auto-plug harness and plug adaptors - that's about $350 off the expected list price.

As soon as the units are released and I can get the spec and documentation, I will be submitting the mod proposal so if anybody is considering installing Emags on the IO540 if you wait a few months you may find the groundwork done.

See www.emagair.com
Paul Marskell
RV-10 ZU-IIZ
At Mercy Air, White River, RSA

Bearhawk Bravo QB under construction