Bolt Supplier

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

billswire

Bolt Supplier

Post by billswire » Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:17 pm

Hi,
I'm in the market for a few METRIC CR8.8 grade bolts,
- a single M5x55 bolt (unthreaded/plain shank length 39mm, threaded length 16mm), and
- two M6x80 bolts, with unthreaded shank length of 70mm.
I'm certain to have further needs in the future.

I am at a loss: LAS laughed when I asked for metric bolts and Google yields no useful results. M5 bolts seem particularly hard to come by.

What supplier(s) do you use for such supplies?

Thanks
=bill
Bill Swire

Ian Melville

Re: Bolt Supplier

Post by Ian Melville » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Bill,
Have you tried Airworld. They do metric bolts for French Aircraft. I don't think the website is listing all so best to call them.
METRIC HARDWARE

The table below indicates some of our vast range of hardware, and there is much more not on the list.

Appropriately selected hardware meets the requirements of Avions Jodel for Jodel aircraft

Note for the purposes of this table Screws are fully threaded, bolts are partially threaded. When enquiring about bolt availability please quote diameter, length (from under head to end of thread), and the grip - the length of the plain section.

Most bolts fitted to French aircraft (particularly Jodel and Robin types) have a socket head, but we do have a limited supply of hex head bolts in stock.

BECAUSE THE SELECTION IS SO BIG AND OFTEN APPLICATION SPECIFIC METRIC HARDWARE IS NOT AVAILABLE TO BUY ON LINE. PLEASE CALL US TO ORDER.
Ian Melville

Mark A

Re: Bolt Supplier

Post by Mark A » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:34 pm

Have a look at http://www.tridentracing.co.uk/
They are at Silverstone and mostly supply to motor sport, but might have what you're after.
Mark Albery