Walter Mikron

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Dave Reid

Walter Mikron

Post by Dave Reid » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:50 pm

I am preparing for the installation of my new Mikron III engine and need to speak to someone with Mikron knowledge. Right now I'm trying to find out what thread the oil pressure and temperature gauge senders need to be - are the threads BSP, metric or what?
The installation manual is not helpful: 'There is a screw joint at the pressure pump outlet providing for connecting of an oil pressure gauge' and, 'an oil temperature sensing element has to be installed into the suction pump return line.'
Please pm me if you think you can help :)

ColinC

Re: Walter Mikron

Post by ColinC » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:59 pm

Dave,

have pm'd you, but perhaps worth checking with David Beale (Mew Gull in the Magazine) as he knows about Mikrons.

I do have a Mikron III overhaul manual but not detailed there.

regards,

Colin
Colin Cheese

mckayjk

Post by mckayjk » Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:04 pm

Mr. Reid, did you purchase your Mikron III from Parmatechnik? I'm trying to get a price on a Mikron IIIB UL for my L-13 Vivat SE here in Huntsville, Alabama, USA

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Dave Reid

Post by Dave Reid » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 am

I've answered Joe McKay's questions separately from the forum. I now have all the manuals and am making progress with the engine mounts etc. I'm happy to help if anyone needs to ask about Mikrons (mind you, the knowledge bank may be small, but at least there's more than in it than there used to be).