Intercom

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Arclite01

Intercom

Post by Arclite01 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:09 pm

Hi All

I am based in Norfolk and have a problem with my intercom (I think it's in the wiring loom as the Unit itself has been dealer serviced and is OK), It's a twin headset setup, the earphones work fine, 1 mike works fine, the other is dead, I have swapped out headsets and they are OK independently but not together. They are both same model headsets and so no compatability issues.

Does anyone know someone in Norfolk who could investigate the problem for me ?? - I suspect a multimeter and some know-how would fix it.

It's beyond my limited electrical/electronics capability

Thanks in advance

Arc

P.S. I should say it all worked fine up until 3 months ago when all of a sudden - not working. I wonder if the wires have been inadvertantly knocked by P2 getting in and out - there are a few spares under the instrument panel so it could be one of these.............
Stuart Abbott

Arclite01

Re: Intercom

Post by Arclite01 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:17 pm

No responses ?

Arc
Stuart Abbott

Dave Reid

Post by Dave Reid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:43 pm

It's frustrating isn't it? There's plenty of willing people around, but few of them willing to post a response on the LAA forum. Maybe you should try the Flyer forum instead. There are quite a few Norfolk folk on there who might help. Sorry I can't..
Dave

David Hardaker

Post by David Hardaker » Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:38 pm

Stuart
See PM's....
David