Evans VP1 undercarriage

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Lee Harper

Evans VP1 undercarriage

Post by Lee Harper » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Hello all,

I'm looking to either repair or source a serviceable replacement for my VP1 undercarriage. Does anybody know of a suitable person that might be able to carry out repairs or alternatively any second hand parts that might be available?

Many thanks for your help.

Lee.

Noel Howard

Re: Evans VP1 undercarriage

Post by Noel Howard » Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:40 pm

Hello Lee. Peter Sturgeon, LAA Inspedtor 375, used to be able to repair or make VP-1 undercarriages. He had a hydraulic device specially adapted for that purpose. Unfortunatly, I don't have his phone number, but you could get it from the LAA office. It is about 6 years since I had contact with Peter, but It could be worthwhile contacting him. As I recall he lived near Mildenhall.
Regards, Noel.

Brian Hope

Re: Evans VP1 undercarriage

Post by Brian Hope » Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:15 am

Hi Lee, contact LAA Inspector Mike Watts near Southampton, you can find his details on the list of Inspectors elsewhere on this website. I hear he is able to help with a satisfactory solution.