Engineering Courses.

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Rob Swain

Engineering Courses.

Post by Rob Swain » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:01 am

Any new courses coming along? :?:

I ask about once a year or so if there is a Lycoming maintenance course coming along, but I guess that is probably moot now after overhauling a replacement O-320 for my RV last year.
Others might be interested though.
Yet others might be interested in a small Continental maintenance course!

I have a couple of friends who might be interested in Mark Castle-Smith's excellent aircraft and avionics wiring courses. I keep telling my chums they need to do them rather than keep hassling me!
Will there be any this winter?

I can recommend the metalwork course, so much so that I'll probably do it again should I decide to build a new elevator and horiz. stab. with electric trim!
Rob Swain
If the good Lord had intended man to fly, He would have given him more money.

Seanjd

Re: Engineering Courses.

Post by Seanjd » Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:37 pm

I would be interested in a small Continental course, or a fabric course on repair and care :)
Sean Donno

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:53 am

We are currently reviewing the courses and looking at how we can not only expand the range but also organise them in a modular scheme that has some form of recognition.
There are also changes afoot at Turweston and our Portakabin will soon be withdrawn from use and a training room established within the HQ building.
To be honest, the courses are ticking along at the moment while this all goes on, but ultimately the plan is to have a managed expansion of courses to include the subjects members have regularly asked for.

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:20 am

Sounds good to me Brian.

I would be after the same two as Sean
Ian Melville

Chris Martyr

Post by Chris Martyr » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:31 pm

Yes..... A small Continental engines course sounds a great idea. Even though I don't fly behind one, I just think they're great little engines. The A65 always looks like a direct relative to the VW.
[ the even smaller Continental ] :D