Flarm

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

AlanB

Re: Flarm

Post by AlanB » Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:27 am

Colin, I operate from a strip just north of you, Brimpton, and have a PowerFlarm in my Europa.

Have been operating the PowerFlarm for over a year now and very pleased with results. It has alerted me to gliders as well ADS-B and other transponding traffic. I don't usually see all that it alerts but ranges vary from too close to about 8km.

Currently use a V3+ display but installing cables to allow display on my GPS via a serial interface which will provide a radar display/Map presentation on an EKP V
Alan Burrill

C Rule

Post by C Rule » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 am

Alan
Like you i am quite a fan of Power Flarm I find it enhances look out and enables me to fly avoid profiles when it shows a significant risk. My next job will be to intergrate it with my TT31 transponder to broadcast ADS-b out. That however is going to require quite a bit of work as I need to obtain a new mounting tray for the Transponder and do all the rewiring.
Colin
Colin Rule

GrahamFraser

Post by GrahamFraser » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Colin, great feed back!