FABRIC COVERING

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

FAR EAST

FABRIC COVERING

Post by FAR EAST » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:04 pm

Can anyone help me with covering an Avid airframe? I'm located in N Scotland and would appreciate any assistance or pointing towards someone with experience and a workshop where I can get the beast covered as I do not have a large, warm and dry workshop where I can get this done.

dmcnicholl

Re: FABRIC COVERING

Post by dmcnicholl » Sat Jun 10, 2017 8:01 am

John
I don't know where you are in the North of Scotland but I know two LAA inspectors in the IV postcode area who COULD do this but they're busy people so I don't know that they WOULD take it on. I'm not saying you have to get an inspector to do the work but they will have a good understanding of who has the capability.

My suggestion would be to look up the LAA list of inspectors for your postcode http://www.lightaircraftassociation.co. ... isting.php and start there. The two I allude to are both listed. Both are approachable.
Donald McNicholl