Viking Steel Bungee

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

DShewan

Viking Steel Bungee

Post by DShewan » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:04 pm

Has anyone out there with a Zenair 601 replaced their bungees with a steel spring arrangement. We are looking at replacing the rubber bungee with a Viking Steel Bungee. I am aware that Zenair are bringing out their own system which I will fit to my 650 but there is no retrofit option for the 601 HD at present.

Any feedback welcome.
Derek Shewan

Clive Richards

Re: Viking Steel Bungee

Post by Clive Richards » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:29 am

Hi Derick
Contact Jonathan Porter Zenair UK agent at metal seagulls I believe he has details for fitting new dounut system to the HD and may have a second hand steel bungee from a conversion to new system.
See advert in laa magazine for phone number as I don't like to post on a forum.
Clive

DShewan

Re: Viking Steel Bungee

Post by DShewan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:49 am

Clive,

thanks for the reply, I have spoken to Jonathan and the new donut system will not fit the HD. The steel bungee system I refer to is actually a spring type arrangement which replaces the rubber bungee. It seems to have been used to good effect in the US but I'm not sure whether any have made it over here or are even approved by LAA. I have asked the question but am awaiting a reply. Details below for those who may be interested.

Cheers

Derek

https://www.shop.vikingaircraftengines. ... ft-124.htm
Derek Shewan