Icom to Yaesu help

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

peslwaz260

Icom to Yaesu help

Post by peslwaz260 » Wed May 06, 2020 1:23 pm

Aircraft a Pitts has hard wired large and small headset sockets and also a ptt on the stick. The existing wiring went to an old icom A20 and has 2 male plugs that went into top of the Icom. I need to convert these 2 male plugs into a single plug for the Yausu. I’ve read the 2 articles published in the magazine but neither covers this situation. I have a spare Yaesu to butcher as required. I know all I need to do is cut off the old male plugs and attach to new Yaesu plug but I’m airframes chief? Brian Hope! Help.
Paul Latham

peslwaz260

Re: Icom to Yaesu help

Post by peslwaz260 » Wed May 06, 2020 6:37 pm

I have resorted to removing all the old wiring and am now in need of the name or part number of the cable i require to reconnect the 2 sockets and route via the existing PTT cable to the Yaesu Radio.
Would i be correct in thinking i need " 4 core 22 swg Screened Aircraft wire" for this job?
What is the best way to connect this cable in line?
Thanks.
Paul
Paul Latham