What designs may be homebuilt?

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

ColinC

What designs may be homebuilt?

Post by ColinC » Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:59 pm

Hi,

The thread about vw's just got me looking at the types thay have been used for, and I'm just a little confused by the information on the LAA web site Engineering page. We have a list of approved types and we have another list of homebuilts.

There are a number of designs that are approved types and which I know have been homebuilt, yet are missing from the homebuilt list. Does that mean that the LAA no longer allows them or is it just that the list is short of some types?

I'd cite as examples some old PFA stalwarts the Luton Minor, Currie Wot and the Turbulent. The LAA sells the plans but are they allowed these days?

regards

Colin

jamie_duff

Post by jamie_duff » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:17 am

Hi Colin,

Are you referring to the list with pictures on the site now? If so, then no, it isn't comprehensive at this stage.

What you should look at instead are the types listed on the Approved Designs list :)

ColinC

Post by ColinC » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:40 pm

Thanks Jamie, I had a message from Stuart MacConnacher to that effect too. Just had me a bit confused when I looked at it.

Colin