AA125 5.96 Fuel cap venting

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

mikehallam

AA125 5.96 Fuel cap venting

Post by mikehallam » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:00 pm

My Inspector referred me to the new TADS for my a/c.
However there aren't any for Rans S6-116. But a generic version is not far out in the regular S6 S TADS.
However a) I see the whole LAA web site has been rebuilt but still makes finding TADS of any type pretty obscure.
& b) Having 'passed' the intelligence test and got to the vanilla S6 TADS and found a long list of Directives, unless shown highlighted they remain inaccessible.
So could some nice guy let me know how to read the AD's, in particular AA 125 as I am, after 20 years now supposed to stick a label on my a/c fuel caps admonishing all folk to place the vent tubes facing forwards.
Doubtless a good and impotant requirement. But whose ar$e are they protecting ?
Demanding adherence without quite letting one seeing the form it should take is at a minimum annoying. I mean why not another AD saying Pilots must be alert or. in fact any rather blatantly obvious thing especially as Rans Pilots notes cover that piddly thing already.....??? Meanwhile Dear Diary "What should a poor maiden do ?"

Ian Melville

Re: AA125 5.96 Fuel cap venting

Post by Ian Melville » Sat Jul 31, 2021 8:28 am

Looks like many of the listed AA??? and AD??? are no longer listed on the RANS website.

We have a forward facing vent on our Vagabond. No advisory for that!

If it was that important, then the cap should be made to only fit one way ?
Ian Melville

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:38 pm

True Ian,.

But l still cannot find these notices either in the LAA site or Google/ CAA.
Nevertheless my Inspector expects me to have them
Does anyone have access so l can download them ?

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Thu Aug 12, 2021 4:57 pm

Ring engineering and ask for a copy?
Ian Melville

mikehallam

Post by mikehallam » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:01 pm

I emailed today. Apparently they don't have the ones shown in black type. I am recommended to ask the kit maker.
TBH l am finished with that route and know now none of those can possibly really matter. But many thanks for your kind response.