Metal Work Course DVD ?

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

TonyCrome

Metal Work Course DVD ?

Post by TonyCrome » Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:09 pm

I attended the course 16 Nov. Learnt an awful lot in a day being totally new to riveting techniques. The instructors were so helpful and patient. Thanks very much !

Because we did so much I wonder if a DVD could be made of the course showing the techniques ? It would help to jog the memory when trying to remember how we did things, at least for me. Maybe the DVD could be sold separately ?

:wink:

ColinC

Post by ColinC » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:27 pm

Tony,

I just wanted to echo your comments about the course, I attended the metalwork course yesterday and was very impressed. I think those responsible for taking the initiative to start these courses and the instructors (who's patience was endless) deserve a big thank you.
Colin Cheese

David White

Post by David White » Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:00 pm

I'll add my voice to the plaudits, as well. An excellent course - good value in terms of both cost and content, with three great instructors.

Good to meet you and the other students, too, Colin; at least we eventually found an exit from the airfield that wasn't locked! :D
--
Dave White

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:40 pm

I'd just like to add my thanks to Norman, Gary and John for the excelent course.

Don't the EAA have videos avalable to members? Could the LAA come to some arrangement? and yes I would be prepared to pay a reasonable fee.

David White

Post by David White » Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:35 pm

Ian Melville wrote:Don't the EAA have videos avalable to members? Could the LAA come to some arrangement? and yes I would be prepared to pay a reasonable fee.
Interestingly, the EAA videos are available to all.
--
Dave White

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:49 pm

That's the ones. Price seems very reasonable :lol: