New Fabric Aircraft Covering

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Ian Melville

Post by Ian Melville » Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:28 pm

15 to 180 or 150 to 180?

Dave Stephens

Post by Dave Stephens » Wed Dec 24, 2008 12:01 pm

i have an Eindecker on order (from GSAL) and this looks perfect for that plane. I will talk to GSAL about it but i presume they are already aware of it.

I have covered the elevators and rudder of my T51 Mustang using POLYFIBRE and although it is exelent, it can get heavy with its layers of polly brush, polly spray and then finnish colour, and as the Eindecker is a SSDR i need as light as posible (but still strong enough!)

i am very familiar with ORACOVER as a modeler and it is (along with the UK version PROFILM) the best on the market by far, the easiest to apply, strongest and most wear resistant.

looking at the advert there is more than a similarity so assuming this is made by the same people i hope this will be just as good.

do you sell a tester kit? so i can do my own tests, POLYFIBER do a kit with just enough of all the products needed to do say an elevator, so you can have a practice before you jump.

if you do i will buy one

Cheers

Dave

Dave Stephens

Post by Dave Stephens » Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:24 pm

Thanks Paul,

PM Sent