Brakes for Isaacs Fury

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Noel Howard

Brakes for Isaacs Fury

Post by Noel Howard » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:23 pm

Within the last couple of years there has been an article in PF on a brake and wheel hub modification for the Isaacs Fury. Although I have most of the copies for this period I seem to have lost the critical one during a house move. Could anyone give me the date of the article and its correct title?
Would the LAA office be able to supply back numbers?

Noel.

macconnacher

Post by macconnacher » Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:37 pm

Tony Francis made a set of brakes for G-AYJY many years ago and I am sure he still has details. The most recent brake arrangement designed by Rupert Wasey's father for the Flitzer would seem to be ideal for an aircraft like the Fury. I am sure the office would pass on an e-mail if you asked they also keep a few back issues of PF.
Stuart Macconnacher

Brian Hope

Post by Brian Hope » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Noel, it was an article on the brakes that Rupert Wasey's father made for Rupert's Flitzer and it appeared in the December 2006 issue. If you contact the office they may have a copy of that magazine. If they haven't, come back to me and I'll see if I can get a pdf of the article for you. I believe Rupert's dad is making brakes for other Flitzers so maybe he will have parts available.
Rgds, Brian