duplicate inspection

The place to raise issues, ask questions, swap ideas and discuss anything related to aircraft engineering, maintenance and building.
NB Any opinions expressed in this forum are not necessarily those of LAA Engineering

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Lomcovaks

duplicate inspection

Post by Lomcovaks » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:39 pm

Hi all,

My aircraft is an Annexe 2 CofA aircraft. I do my own maintenance and have the services of one of those dwindling band of engineers who signs off my work for me.

However, I've taken out my torque tube and control sockets to replace the bushings passing through the torque tube so as to remove stick wear.

My engineer has satisfied himself of the quality of the workmanship and I'm ready to reassemble my aircraft and start flying again. However, as much for my own satisfaction as well as regulations I would like a duplicate inspection just of the control linkages in this area and up to the aileron bell cranks.

I'm based to the north of Bicester and someone mentioned that Bill Bushell from there may be able to do this for me.

If anyone has Bill's number could they let me have it please or if anyone can suggest another suitably qualified candidate, within easy reach of the Hinton/Turweston/Buckingham/Bicester area I'd much appreciate it.

Expenses will be paid of course.

Many thanks,

Lom

Peter Harvey

Post by Peter Harvey » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:42 am

Dear Lom
I was with Matt Pettit yesterday evening and we were discussing a torque tube failure on a cub, now in his workshop. He'd certainly be a safe pair of hands
He's based Oaklands, about 6 miles NW of Bicester.
His mobile 07961308243

Hope this helps.
Pete Harvey
ps. Where are you based?

Lomcovaks

Re: duplicate inspection

Post by Lomcovaks » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Peter,

Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll give him a call this afternoon and see if we can organise something.

My last aircraft was a Cub strangely and my inspector was the great Dick Stratton - of course one of the major areas of inspection was the torque tube and stick casting attachment.

I'm based at Finmere incidentally.

Chris