Problems with SkyEcho 2

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

netsua

Problems with SkyEcho 2

Post by netsua » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:23 am

I operate SE2 with my Ipad mounted SkyDemon. The latter regularly reports "Device Offline" with a seconds count down. This is sometimes terminal i.e. it does not self fix in under 2 minutes and I have to re-cycle the lot. I have experimented with antenna positions and updated the software but the problem continues. I have also run SD on a separate Ipad in the cockpit simultaneously using the internal GPS antenna and this does not drop out. Sometimes, the wifi link drops but not always. It's pretty stressful, distracting and dangerous. On the plus side, when it works, SE2 is excellent and picks up traffic well. Does anyone have any suggestions how to resolve this, please?
Stephen Austen

mcfadyeanda

Re: Problems with SkyEcho 2

Post by mcfadyeanda » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:39 pm

I resolved that issue by sending the unit back under warranty.
I'm on my third unit now, which seems to have fixed that (and other) problems, although the latest unit doesn't seem as strong in transmit, if Vector is to be believed.

Duncan.
Duncan McFadyean

netsua

Re: Problems with SkyEcho 2

Post by netsua » Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:18 pm

Mike Tetlow from Uavionix UK helpfully called in response to my request for help on their site. He showed me how to re-set the SE2 by pushing and holding the start button for 20 seconds until all three lights flash white. We then went to the landing page on the internet and checked I am running the latest version(2.30-I was). He also had me look at wifi settings to check the power was on 11, which it was. He is confident that the re-set will resolve the issue. I will let the forum know if it does not.
Stephen Austen