How do we get pics onto this site!

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Gary Carr

How do we get pics onto this site!

Post by Gary Carr » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:47 am

Hi,

Perhaps someone here can explain in simple terms...how to load pics onto this site!
I think this would make it more interesting... to see pics of how things have been done, repairs,homebuilds,at various stages,wanted,forSale,the list is endless!...or do you thinkis this to much!
All Replies and thoughts are welcomed!

gary
Updated
1st aircraft... TST Thruster MK1
Second aircraft... challenger II
Third aircraft .......Gyrocopter 2 place....... And i am still on the ground!...
LAA.PRA.BRA...

John Dean

Post by John Dean » Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:57 am

If you would like to have a picture in your post it needs to be hosted somewhere on the internet - perhaps in the free web space provided by your ISP or one of the photo sites such as Photobucket.

Above the reply box is a button marked "Img". Press this once and then insert the address (URL) of your photo and the press "Img" again. Your photo should now be visible in your post.

Hope that helps.

Gary Carr

pics

Post by Gary Carr » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:33 am

Hi John,
Thanks for the post .....i have a digital camera and all the pics i have are in my Documents folder
....now as i understand it these are in J,peg can i load these pics using the J.peg or do i need a compleatly different provider as i am using Orangehome..no Access to MSN i am sorry but laoding pics to the computer are totaly new using the URL?

regards gary
Updated
1st aircraft... TST Thruster MK1
Second aircraft... challenger II
Third aircraft .......Gyrocopter 2 place....... And i am still on the ground!...
LAA.PRA.BRA...

Mike Cross
Site Admin

Post by Mike Cross » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:17 am

Hi Gary

At the moment the pics are on your computer and so can't be seen by anyone on the Web. First thing you need to do is get the pic on the Web so that it can be seen. There are a number of ways to do this. There are some free picture hosting services like Picasaweb from Google.
Click here for information. Follow the "Learn More" link on that page.

If it all sounds too complicated then follow the same process used for programming the video recorder, commandeer a small child to show how it's done.

Once you have the hang of it you should be able to create a photo album. I have one on there which you can see by clicking here.

OK so that's got the picture visible, but it's buried in a web page. What you want is just the picture. If you are using Internet Explorer put the mouse pointer on the picture, click the right mouse button and choose "Properties" from the menu that appears. A box will appear and in the box it will say "Address (URL)". Copy what it says next to that on to the clipboard (highlight it, hold down Ctrl and then press C). You need to makes sure you highlight the whole address, it will probably be spread over more than one line. In the case of the first picture in my album it's http://lh4.ggpht.com/_n1AiyT3C6-4/S_Gn_ ... G_9482.JPG If you click on that you'll find you get the picture on your screen without the surrounding web page.

To get the picture into your post you simply put the cursor where you want the picture to appear and paste in the address. Then highlight it and click the button marked "Img" above the box you're typing into. This will put some code round the address so it looks like what's in the box below.

Code: Select all

[img]http://lh4.ggpht.com/_n1AiyT3C6-4/S_Gn_IIyn-I/AAAAAAAAAFI/NkzoMLxeQ-A/s720/IMG_9482.JPG[/img]
The bits in square brackets at either end of the address are "tags" that tell the BBS to display the picture. Use the Preview button to see if you got it right.

Sounds complicated but if you can slow down the aforementioned small child so you can see what he/she is up to it will all become clear.

Hope this helps

Mike