Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

Trevor Bates

Airbox forsight

Post by Trevor Bates » Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:17 am

Hi has anyone got an Airbox Foresight gps and what
do you think about it

Nigelcot

Post by Nigelcot » Sat Dec 25, 2010 10:24 am

We got one of the Airbox units sold through NATS for a motorglider and the screen was unreadable in sunlight.
Suggest you see one on a sunny day outside before you buy particularly if your a/c has a canopy rather than a roof.

Neil Moffat

Post by Neil Moffat » Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:02 pm

I have been using an Airbox Foresight in my RV-8 for about 9 months. I am really pleased with it and have not found any difficulty with the display readability even in bright sunlight and the RV has a large bubble canopy.

The Airbox team are making some great improvements to the software on a regular basis - now NOTAMS and weather are downloadable (by subscription but very reasonably priced) - and the map display is superb.

One omission I would like to see rectified is the unit does not yet have a NMEA output to interface with other nav kit, but Airbox are apparently working on that.

The Airbox team are very helpful and friendly and no doubt they would be the best people to speak to if you are sill considering a purchase.

Dave Hall

Post by Dave Hall » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:15 am

Nigelcot, hope you don't mind my stepping in but the Airbox Aware is the one developed through the NATS initiative. It would benefit from a shade at times, particularly if the brightness is turned down to reduce battery consumption.

The Foresight is nearly 10 times the price and is very different.